Seminar Agenda Here| Speaker Biographies Here
2016 Florida Trust Investment Seminar
August 25-26, 2016
We Value Your Feedback!
Please visit the following link to to take survey on your full conference experience.
Click the PDF images below to access speaker PowerPoint Presentations.
Thursday, August 25, 2016
Session 1: US Economic Outlook (1 CPE)
Presenter: Peter Beer, Vice President, Payden & Rygel
- Tenets of sound macroeconomic analysis
- Overview of the recent economic data
- An outlook for the US labor market and what it means for interest rates
Session 2: Overview of the Florida Securities and Financial Institutions
Presenter(s): Marty Stubblefield, Division Director of Financial Institutions, Florida Office of Financial Regulation
Alisa Goldberg, Chief of the Bureau of Registration, Division of Securities, Florida Office of Financial Regulation
- Overview of Florida Securities Regulation and Industry Trends
- Status of Florida Banks & Credit Unions
- Emerging Issues in both arenas and what that means to you
Session 3: Fixed Income Portfolio Management: Learn, Then Take a Turn! (2 CPE's)
Presenter(s): Elizabeth "Beth" Westvold, Senior Vice President, Payden & Rygel Workgroups
Lisa Matiash, Associate Vice President,Payden & Rygel Workgroups
- Educational session on fixed income instruments and basics of bond portfolio management
- Economic environment and interest rate scenarios provided
- Portfolio strategy and risk decisions made by competing teams, prizes to be awarded..
Friday, August 26, 2016
Session 4. Florida’s Economic Outlook
Presenter: Jerry D. Parrish, Ph.D., Chief Economist/Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
- Florida has enjoyed the benefits of stability for private-sector investment
- Changing Florida’s economic development strategy has both benefits and costs
- Discussion of Florida’s Leading Economic Index
Session 5. A Dialogue with the Fed
Presenter: Christopher Oakley, Vice President and Regional Executive, Atlanta Federal Reserve
- Economic Growth
Session 6. Economic Update and Current investment Values in a Low Interest Rate Environment
Presenter: Gregory H. Pagans, Vice President, Institutional Fixed-Income, Multi-Bank Securities, Inc.
- Normalization of interest rates per FOMC
- Investment strategies to help prevent interest rate risk
- Increasing yield utilizing FDIC Insured CDs
Session 7. Putting Success in Succession Planning: Building and Maintaining a 21st Century Finance Office (1 CPE)
Presenter: Kenneth Rust, CFO and Director of the Bureau of Revenue & Financial Services, City of Portland
- The role of the Finance Office and Finance Officer in an evolving and changing world.
- Succession Planning concepts and strategies.
- Lessons learned, the hard way, when organizational succession strategies are put to the test.
Session 8. Determining Credit Quality (1 CPE)
Presenter: Edward "Ted" Damutz, Vice President/Senior Credit Officer , Moody's Investors Service
- Benefits of a credit rating and purpose of the rating in the capital markets
- Credit factors – financial position, debt profile, economic strength, and management practices
- Rating process – timing, required documents (CAFR, legal documents, POS), participants
- Surveillance of rating on annual basis linked to timing of financial reporting or other event
Session 9. S&P Global Fund Ratings (1 CPE)
Presenter: Michael Masih, Associate Director, Financial Institutions Ratings, S&P Global Ratings
- Type of ratings we provide
- Rated LGIPs in the State of Florida
- SEC MMF Reform (General Overview)