Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
How Do I Safeguard Confidential Information?

Safeguard Confidential Information

Any person preparing or filing a document for placement in the Official Records or court records should not include a Social Security number, a bank account number, debit, credit or charge card number in any document, unless required by law.

Any person has the right to request the Clerk of the Court or County Recorder to remove, from any court record or Official Record, his or her Social Security number, bank account number, debit, credit or charge card number contained in the document.

Such request must be made in writing and delivered by mail, facsimile, or electronic transmission, or delivered in person to the Clerk of the Court or County Recorder. The request must specify the document and the page number that contains the number to be redacted, or blackened out. No fee will be charged for the removal of the number pursuant to such request.

For Official Records

  • The request form MUST include the book and page number of the document that contains the personal information to be redacted and the number that the Clerk or Recorder’s staff should locate and remove.
  • You may search Official Records online to find out a great deal of this information.

For Court Records 

The request must include:

  • the case name
  • the case number
  • the document heading
  • the page number
  • the number that the Clerk’s staff should locate and remove.
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal